.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Part That Is About as Flat and Dry as the Land Around Us

Soren Ten showed up in Nashville from West Virginia a few days later. Soren Ten is a good friend of mine from Harding. He had the magnificent zeal for the Muslim world, especially Uzbekistan. A month ago, he visited this nation. He plans on being a full-time missionary to the Uzbekistan people. Anyways, Soren was on his way to Colorado Springs for a Muslim Missions Meeting. I was going to catch a ride with him out there. We left on a Saturday afternoon and arrived that very evening in the Middle-Of-Nowhere, Missouri, where Soren's roommate Kevin lived. Kevin was busy getting ready for his wedding 2 weeks in the future, but his family took us in anyways. The next morning we were off across the plains of Kansas. We stopped in the ole Abilene city where Wyatt Earp used to uphold the law before his days in Tombstone, AZ. It was in this small town that we witnessed what supposed to be a re-enactment of a Western gunfight, but ended up being the dumbest, worst perfomance I believe that I've ever seen accompanied to the sound of gunshots.
Then after miles and miles of endless horizon we reached the "Colorado Welcomes You" Sign. And after still more flatness we reached Colorado Springs after the night had fallen. We got a hotel room and a stab at a good night's sleep for the events of the next day. The next morning Soren drove me to the trailhead and we parted ways and I haven't seen him since.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jovan said...

*Whew* I just read 4 of your posts. I've had to catch up on my blog readings. You have got to write about our move from the Florida area. I'm waiting for that post. Did you hear me? Brian, I'm talking to you! Listen to me Brian you need to write a post about it! Just forget about it Brian! Leave it Brian don't start writing now! Brian!!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Brian Harrison said...

Calm down....Hey! Jovan, Calm down buddy. No reason to get all worked up about it. I'll get to that. It's funny how you dropping into such a grace-filled mode doesn't quite work in writing. I mean come on. I can lollygag around saying this and that and you can't cut me off. No matter how loud you are I can't hear you. And even if I could, you can only say what you write and then your little comment time is over and then I get my say so. Almost like...like an actual conversation. I probably would agree to writing that story, but I'm afraid that the freedom that I require in my writing may ridicule some and offend much more.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jovan said...

you could just switch the names and the place.

but you didn't get that idea from me.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Brian Harrison said...

Or I could tell about your Mississippi adventure with the vacuum cleaner.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Brian Harrison said...

Israel,Daniel,...Isreal

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home