.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Weekend In Retrospect

So I just got back in town at 8:45 a.m. this morning just in time for chapel. I pulled another all-night driving session in order to make my weekend longer than it really was. This weekend so much has happened. I don't know where to begin on detailing the events so I'll just list them as follows and not in any sort of chronological order. For the excitement is too intense. This weekend I: went to the big bad Peanut Festival down in Dothan, Alabama; ate 2 famous corndogs from the famous corndog man; went to Murfreesboro,TN and saw the best parts of that town; sat in a car for countless hours sometimes driving, others times cramped in the back; saw alot of old friends, swapped stories with one, had one pray over me, and walked around the fair while swapping stories with yet another; made a lot of people watch "Dead Brian"; hung out with my sister's friends; hung out with my brother's friends; went to a crafts display where my mother was selling soap, went to "Annie" the musical; saw Dancing Dave; got myself a girlfriend (she's a narcoleptic ballerina), went to a parade; rode a ride at the fair; kissed in an old antique carriage that probably belonged in a museum; finally turned in the rough draft for my big senior seminar; made an attempt to learn how to drive a stick; ate Taco Soup; published an article for the school newspaper; enjoyed one of the most beautiful days outside in some of the most beautiful country with one of the most beautiful people; watched part of the Alabama football game; played the board game Sorry; sang in my car trying to keep myself awake; skipped an entire day of school; watched a girl throw up from inhaling a cigar; jammed out to the Who song, "Boba O'Reilly"(the "It's only teenage wasteland" song); Sipped coffee as an intermission in order to take a break; Learned about envelopes; played the "what if" game with my brother, his wife, and a friend; and slept very very little. That about sums it up.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Very interesting weekend. Hopefully, you'll be able to elaborate on the girlfirend part.

6:39 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

That "slept very little" actually sums it up quite well. It was quite a busy weekend.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jovan said...

Ummm... so you played the "what if game"????!!!

If that is anything like the "either or" game then you are so hypocritical.

I love swapping stories with you... ol' buddy.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to watch dead brian

3:51 PM  
Blogger Brian Harrison said...

fred...
I may or may not elaborate. Right now, I like the secrecy of intimacy.

jovan...
The "what-if" game can be somewhat like the "either/or" game, except it offers much more thought. You have to think very concisely of your answers. It stimulates much in-depth conversation. Playing it with my brother is very interesting for he likes to analyze every answer he gives. The "either/or" game is repulsive to me because the answers thrown back require no thinking. Had I known about the "what-if" game at the time of that bonfire, I would have started that instead and not pouted about it being the party being so boring.

midnightoperator...
well, if you were in town we could borrow a copy from him and watch it. You know it was of our AIM days. Wait a second! I thought you've seen it. We watched over at Matt Frills apartment that time. Do you remember?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

Now that is one full weekend. I can see why sleep was not a major part of the events. Personaly though I would like some more information on "dead brian".

The Lumpy

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen Dead Brian, several times in fact. It is just so funny. Especially when you pick cotton and fall off the hay. The bapistry too. Ahh... the good ol' days.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Brian Harrison said...

changerofnames.....
Yes, believe it or not there are rumors abounding about a Dead Brian II. But these probabilities rest entirely upon the reunion of the Sunset Brothers. Seeing how two members are married, one of which is a father now, I don't know....but there has been talk.

Adam Newby....your perceptions are right on.

Lumpy.....
"Dead Brian" is just a self-made movie some friends and I filmed. Mostly just a spoof off of Weekend at Bernie's. I played the dead guy. Hence, the name "Dead Brian"

7:35 PM  
Blogger Nancy French said...

That sounds fantastic! I love it that you chose fun over sleeping!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home